The Enneagram is a rich and practical study in human development, self-discovery, spiritual growth and self actualization. Most often it is presented as nine “personality types”. Each personality type is characterized by specific patterns of thoughts, styles, feelings, emotions, sensations, and beliefs systems which are universal to their type. Each type has a focus of attention, coping strategy, major traits, strengths, and challenges.
The Enneagram describes nine ways of seeing the world that are very different from one another, each with unique strengths and blind spots. Learning to recognize these different points of view enables us to understand ourself and others’ motivations, needs, concerns and style of working and relating. It can shift our assumptions and can empower us to make more intelligent decisions and choices, reduce stress, and manage personal reactivity. The Enneagram can be used as a valuable tool for leadership development, team building, and communication skills.
Benefits of studying the Enneagram can enable a person to:
- Identify unconscious patterns that trigger your reactions
- Observe and detach from your patterns
- Identify the strengths and challenges of your style
- Improve relationships by embracing the diversity of styles and maximizing each person’s contribution
- Become more effective by working on personal and professional development
- Discover talents and abilities
- Increased compassion for others